Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Afraid of Two



I can't believe that in less than two weeks, I'll have a two year old!  Where does the time go?  (something I always feel like I am saying as a mom).  If you would have asked her about her birthday before this past Sunday she would have responded by saying "Happy happy!!" (happy birthday) or "Yay! Yay! Yay!"  Buuuuut, after watching me blow out the candles on my birthday cake this past Sunday, she somehow decided that birthdays are the most terrifying thing ever (she hates fire).  Now when you ask her about her birthday she responds immediately by saying "NO, NO!!" and then clenching her little fists together and saying "scared" dramatically.  She also has gone from telling you she is two to telling you she is one again and if you ask her if she is going to be two she again says no and that she is scared.  In trying to get her excited for her birthday, I've promised cookies, cupcakes, the pool and more - Josh even told her what her presents were and she told him no - that she didn't want them.  

I'm not sure what we've done (besides having my birthday) that has her this scared of her birthday, but here's to hoping that we can convince her otherwise before her second birthday... because like it or not, she's getting a party.  You'd think I would be more scared for her to turn two (terrible two's anyone?) than she would be.

No comments :