Monday, July 1, 2013

California (part two)


I probably could - and should - have combined this into one post, but I had the hardest time narrowing down pictures that I decided to just post a bunch in two posts. One of the evenings, we decided to head down to La Jolla Cove to show Madds the seals.  Despite a pretty bad fall and a scraped forehead, she loved them and kept calling them whales.  After we stopped and got ice cream and started driving back home (on the drive I discovered Josh's deep love for the top hits of the 80's and I loved it... he never stops surprising me).  As we passed the beautiful San Diego temple, Maddie said "It's a princess castle. I want to go there and dance with Daddy in a pretty dress!"  Obviously we headed straight there as that's a request that no one, especially Josh, could pass up.  She was completely in heaven dancing around the temple with her Daddy.  It was one of those moments as a family I hope to never forget.  

Family vacations with little ones are probably more work than vacation but totally worth it!  








No comments :