Thursday, August 15, 2013

Beckham James: 4 1/2 months


Oh my goodness, where to start with this boy?

His 4 month stats - 
weight: 16 pounds 8 ounces ( 77%)
Height: 26 inches (82 %)
Head: 42.2 cm (44 %)

He is hands down, the happiest, most-easy going (and easy) baby!  He laughs and smiles pretty constantly when he is awake and I love him so much for that.  He started laughing pretty early - around 2 to 2 1/2 months and hasn't stopped since.  Often when I am holding him and talking to someone they get distracted mid-conversation because Beckham will just be laughing and smiling at them.  

He is a wiggler and does not sit still unless he is asleep.  He is rolling all over the place and already covers quite a bit of ground.  He has found his little hands and grabs everything - If I'm holding Beckham and something else, he will grab it away from me pretty quickly.  He's really close to sitting up on his own and two days ago I found him on his tummy with both his arms and legs extended straight and his stomach off the ground.  He is one anxious to move little guy.  This is pretty new to me because Maddie was just so content to stay still and was a pretty late crawler and walker because of it.  

Like his sister, Becks sucks his thumbs - both of them, but prefers his left (makes me wonder if he will be left-handed).  He loves to cuddle with his little Aden + Anais swaddle blankets (we are beyond attached to those things around here) but I rarely can get him to cuddle with me - he'd rather stand on my lap.

He loves watching his older sister, being tickled, wrestling with his monster toy, being outside and just being a part of everything.  This boy has been the most wonderful and perfect addition to our family and I really couldn't imagine our family without him.







No comments :