Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This guy


Happy Father's Day to the very best! (I know we're late but we've been sick around here - someone please explain to me how Maddie and I get the worst colds of our life in June).  

I was reading through some old journal entries back to when I was pregnant and so sick with Maddie.  At one point I had said how Josh was a better wife than I was - cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and pretty much keeping our lives together while going to school and doing everything else he does.  I'd like to say that I'm always totally on top of things now but one day just last week he hid all the laundry from me so he could do it all himself.  And now that I think about it, he did all the laundry twice last week and made dinner more often than I did.  How I got this guy, I'm still not quite sure.

But better than that is watching him be a dad to our little girl. Their relationship is so sweet and fun and perfect.  He can cheer her up and fix her world or calm her down anytime and knows just what to do to make her happy.  She only has eyes for him and I hope it stays that way for a long, long time.  

No comments :